[Gdal-dev] ERROR import Shape to PostgreSQL

Düster Horst Horst.Duester at bd.so.ch
Fri Jan 16 02:19:31 EST 2004

Hallo

Today I made an upgrade of gdal/ogr from 1.1.7.2 to cvs-040114. GDAL-1.1.7.2
works very stable but I need to convert POLYGON to MULTIPOLYGON. Hence I
made the upgrade. But now I'm not able to convert ESRI Shape to PostgreSQL
in all cases. So some shapes which could be imported by the former Version
of GDAL without problems  breakes down the import process with the following
error message:

ERROR 1: INSERT command for new feature failed.
ERROR:  couldnt parse objects in GEOMETRY

ERROR 1: Terminating translation prematurely after failed
translation of layer lieg_lieg_geom

I start ogr2ogr with the following command string:

ogr2ogr -f postgresql PG:dbname=hdus lieg_lieg_geom.shp -lco overwrite=yes
-lco launder=yes -lco precision=no -nlt MULTIPOLYGON -nln liegen

To reproduce this error I can send the mentioned shape.

It would be great to solve this probem.

Best regards

Dr. Horst Düster
GIS-Koordinator