[Gdal-dev] ogr2ogr Style usage

Vojtech Honzik V.Honzik at sh.cvut.cz
Sat Jan 17 07:25:17 EST 2004

I have probably really simple question - there is parameter -select in ogr
utility program ogr2ogr. I guess how to set this parameter to extract some
of the style information to dbf column in shapefile.
Let say I have this fragment dumped using ogrinfo:
----
OGRFeature(elements):117
  Type (Integer) = 17
  Level (Integer) = 31
  GraphicGroup (Integer) = 0
  ColorIndex (Integer) = 1
  Weight (Integer) = 0
  Style (Integer) = 0
  EntityNum (Integer) = (null)
  MSLink (Integer) = (null)
  Text (String) = Presslova
  Style = LABEL(t:"Presslova",c:#0000ff,s:12g,a:344)
  POINT (-774288.023 -1126770.841)
---

and need to extract some variables from Style

ogr2ogr -skipfailures -f "ESRI Shapefile" -select Type,Level,Style -dsco
SEED=seed2 d.dgn -nln ulice_pop ulice_pop ulice_pop.dgn

I think there has to be some special call to specify an LABEL item to
translate.

Thank you for help

Vojtech Honzik