AW: [Gdal-dev] ERROR import Shape to PostgreSQL

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Mon Jan 19 09:26:57 EST 2004

mathieu_gdal wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Does OGR include some code to parse into S52 attribute files?
> Here is a sample :
> "ACHARE","","SY(ACHARE51);LC(ACHARE51);CS(RESTRN01)","3","S","STANDARD",
> "26220"

Mathieu,

No, there is no explicit support for these.  In fact, I had never heard
of them before.   The cpl_csv.cpp code in gdal/port might be helpful
in implementing support though.

> More generally :
> Because OGR is able to read S57, I was wondering if some work was done
> with S52 display.

There have been a few efforts to implement S-52 display from S-57 data.
The one I am most familiar with was one build on top of OpenEV but I am
not sure that it was ever released for wider use.  I would suggest you
search the openev-discuss and gdal-dev archives for S-57 or ENC and see
if you can find more information.