[Gdal-dev] nad27 problem?

Tom Parker tapadmin at swbell.net
Mon Jan 19 20:25:16 EST 2004

Hello,

I'm porting an application from windows to linux and have run into a
puzzling problem while attempting to project a USGS dem file to UTM zone 14.

I'm using the current gdal and proj from cvs on a fully patched redhat 9
system and have run configure, make and make install on both projects with
default arguments.

The problem is the projection routine is failing and giving me the error
message.

ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
ERROR 1: Reprojection failed, err = -38, further errors will be suppressed
on the transform object.

I've tried a few ideas from searches of the mailing list:

- uncompressing the original files from the archive to make sure no windows
<=> linux silliness is happening.

- using gdalinfo to make sure the dem file is readable, everything looks
normal.

- setting PROJ_LIB=/usr/local/share/proj/

- adding printf statements to LoadProjLibrary in ogrct.cpp to make sure the
library was really loading, it is with no issues I can see.

I'm a bit stumped :(

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Tom