[Gdal-dev] odgi install for gdal

John Gillette JGillette at rfmd.com
Fri Jan 23 13:09:22 EST 2004

If this is not correct list for this, please let me know.

I am trying to make ogdi for use with gdal. However in gdal,
there are headers which are not being found. I do not have
root privileges. I use space allocated to me on /scratch.

I set TOPDIR=/scratch/ogdi/ogdi-3.1.2
      TARGET=linux
      and LD_LIBRARY_PATH as required.

Do I then need to do a ./configure?

I then do make

The libraries are made and appear in:
 /scratch/ogdi/ogdi-3.1.2/bin/linux
but the "missing" headers are in:
 /scratch/ogdi/ogdi-3.1.2/include
Note that there is NO:
 /scratch/ogdi/ogdi-3.1.2/include/linux

Am I supposed to make install after make?
Doing this fails because of trying to install to
 /usr/local/...

If I try ./configure --prefix=/scratch/local,
it still tries to install at /usr/local/...

Should I just copy the libraries to /scratch/local/lib
and headers to /scratch/local/include? Making GDAL
without ogdi has created these here already.

Are the headers in /scratch/ogdi/ogdi-3.1.2/include
the correct headers (since I don't see
 /scratch/ogdi/ogdi-3.1.2/include/linux)?

Thank you
John Gillette