[Gdal-dev] tiled images into a jp2

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jan 30 13:44:45 EST 2004

Fu Chen wrote:
> Hi!
> I have a very large geospatial image(105GB), which has already divided
> into equal size tiles that each one is a raw image file around 500MB. I
> wanna translate it into a jp2 dataset by kakadu.
> Is it possible that we first create a jp2 with a tile size and then
> translate each one into a tile struction in the jp2?

Fu Chen,

As things are implemented currently in JP2KAKDataset::CreateCopy(), what
you want isn't supported.  However, it is possible to accomplish what you
want with Kakadu.  If you are really wanting to do this, you might want to
build a custom writer on top of Kakadu just using GDAL to read the data.