[Gdal-dev] Memory leaks

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Jul 6 09:53:35 EDT 2004

Jacob Bensabat wrote:

 > Hi
 > We are using gdal to load vector maps (format mif, shp) under windows 2000
 > and visual c++ 6.0. What I see is that there is a large number of small
 > memory leaks. Has anybody
 > experienced such kind of feature ?
 > thanks

Jacob,

As I notice them I try to fix memory leaks, and in general I think the
shapefile and mif code is pretty clean currently.  I just tried a mif to
tab conversion and there were no leaks that I consider to be significant.

I would suggest you try working with recent code, and then report the
circumstances under which you see the problem ... ideall with details
memory leak details.  I use "valgrind" on Linux to identify the exact
memory blocks that appear to be leaked.  On windows Purify can fulfil a
similar role if you have it.