[Gdal-dev] problem getting style of point features

ksa nil5-ksa at yandex.ru
Thu Jul 8 06:05:07 EDT 2004

Hi!
I'm using version 1.2.1 of OGR. I've got some diffiiculties in getting the
style of point features.

There is no field 'fontName' (or something like this) in the OGR Feature
Style Specification for symbol style. So there is no ability to get the full
information about the vector symbols. The system returns information about
the symbol code but it never returns information about the font name for
that symbol.
For example, getStyleString() returns id:"mapinfo-sym-45". It's 45th symbol
in the MapInfo Weather symbol table (font) actually.
The question is: can I receive the font name for that symbol? If not, how
can I guess what a font was used for that symbol? Should I maintain a
private list of styles, used by different vendors in their products?
Thanks!

Karin Sergey
ICQ# 337538451