[Gdal-dev] ogrinfo -sql doesn't work with GML files?

Tyler Mitchell tjmitchell at riverside.bc.ca
Tue Jul 20 11:43:59 EDT 2004

I can't seem to get ogrinfo to reduce my set of features in a GML file
using the -sql or -where parameters.  Should this be expected?  It doesn't
fail, but still returns the full set.  I've tested this using openev_fw
(windows) and a nightly build of gdal from yesterday (linux).

I'm attaching a gml file for your reference.
Here is the syntax of the command I was using:
>ogrinfo airports.gml -sql "select name from airports where quadname like
'%Lake'"
Works great on shapefiles!

Tyler

p.s. Bugzillla down?