[Gdal-dev] Problems when warping

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Jul 23 14:09:35 EDT 2004

Juan Cicuendez wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I am trying to change the projection of an RGB scanned map. This is my first
> experience with GDAL and I followed the instructions of the Warping tutorial.
> In order to process all the three bands I set psWarpOptions->nBandCount = 0;
> I finally obtained the geotiff file but when I try to visualised it from ERDAS
> it only recognises the first band, however if I try from ENVI it goes fine an
> sees all the bands. Looking at the image with windows Imaging application, it
> looks very strange and this could be a problem with the interleaving of the
> data. Has anybody come across this problem before? Does anybody know how to fix
> this problems in order that the files can be visualised from ERDAS?
>
> I would appreciate if anyone could give me hand, I tried many things but
> nothing seemed to work.

Juan,

By default GDAL creates TIFF files with PLANARCONFIG_SEPERATE (band interleaved)
but I have observed some versions of Erdas tools and other applications having
problems with this.  You can pass the INTERLEAVE=PIXEL creation option to the
GTiff driver when creating a new TIFF file to create a pixel interleaved file.

Of course, if you could provide a smallish sample file demonstrating the
problem it would be easier to determine if this is the issue.