[Gdal-dev] a used-to-be running program crashed under RedHat new kernal 3.0

Xiaodong Zhang zhang at aero.und.edu
Tue Jul 27 13:12:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

We have a simple program using gdal library to get information for a tiff image.
It has been running OK under linux 8 and 9. On a redhat AS 3.0, we downloaded
and installed without any problem the most recent gdal 1.2.1.0, release
2004/06/23. We then recompiled our program, however, running it cause a
segmentation error. I noticed that Redhat AS 3.0 uses a newer version of gcc and
g++ thatn redhat 8 and 9.

Note our program, which is attached, is also named as tiffinfo; it is a just
code for our own purpose.

Any help is appreciated.

Xiaodong