[Gdal-dev] Filesize limit exceeded using Jpeg2000

Ken Sewell sewell at dramail.com
Wed Jul 28 18:04:51 EDT 2004

1) I couldn't find any information on limits within JasPer, so I gave it
a shot :)

2) My mistake, I wasn't giving it the -of JPEG2000 option.  I thought
gdal could figure it out from the extension.  Using the following command:

gdal_translate -of JPEG2000 03feb22182535_ortho_sharp 03feb22182535_ortho_sharp.jp2

I get the following:

Input file size is 22920, 28830
0...10...20...30.ERROR 1: Unable to write scanline 0 of the component 1.

The first file is in ENVI format (which works great now, thanks alot).

3) Yes, VSI_LARGE_API_SUPPORTED is defined to 1.

I forgot to mention it but the system I'm running on is Suse linux 9.1, so
the kernel is a fairly recent 2.6.  Thanks.

Ken.

Ken Sewell                   Defense Research Associates
Project Engineer             3915 Germany Lane, Suite 102
937-431-1644                 Beavercreek, Ohio 45431-1608
sewell at dramail.com