[Gdal-dev] Vector to raster?

Jonathan Greenberg greenberg at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 23 12:54:15 EDT 2004

Hi there, we are interested in developing an application that creates a list of
raster-based x,y locations from input vector data (point, line or polygon)
(e.g. we want to rasterize the vector data for use in extracting pixel-level
data from satellite imagery).  Can OGR or GDAL perform this task?  If so, are
point and line rasterization calculated in an optimal way (e.g. can I go
directly from a point or line coverage to a set of x,y coordinates without
needing to create a large raster coverage of the extent of the line or point
coverage first?)  Thanks!

--j