[Gdal-dev] GML3.0

Daniel Isenegger disen at geo.unizh.ch
Fri Jul 30 11:51:03 EDT 2004

Hi list,
our project works on the development of collaboration concepts for
simulation application (having mainly time as their free variable ) and
GIS (i use GRASS5.7 for this). I want to analyze the capabilities of
GML3.0 to transport  spatiotemporal data between the components
(including storing it).
I played around with v.out.ogr exporting gml2.0 files, looked a little
bit in the code to estimate the possibility to  copy and extend this
solution to generate gml3.0-files (but I felt a little bit lost seeing
its complexity (:-(  ).

The question is now:
- does anybody have any experiences with a topic like this, maybe even
with writing/reading GML3.0?
- any suggestion which way to take? Maybe also solutions which are not
so elegant like existing for generating GML2.x

I use GRASS as main interface, but since GRASS uses gdal/OGR to generate
GML2.x-files i dare to post this question also on this list.

Thanks Dani