[Gdal-dev] hdf-eos and gcc3.4 issues

Vincent Schut schut at sarvision.com
Mon Jun 21 05:49:19 EDT 2004

Frank, others,

there seem to be some more issues than I first thought about hdf-eos in hdf4
support, probably mainly in combination with gcc3.4:

firstly, local includes should be named inside "", not inside <>. This is the
case with #include <ease.h> in HdfEosDef.h, and with #include
<HDFEOSVersion.h> from EHapi.c. These should become "ease.h" and
"HDFEOSVersion.h" respectively, otherwise 'no such file or directory' errors
are thrown by gcc.

Secondly, after these edits running make in the hdf-eos subdir displays the
following error related to HDFEOSVersion.h:

vincent at timo hdf-eos $ make
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --mode=compile gcc -Wall  -O2 -DCPL_MULTIPROC_PTHREAD
-I../../../port -I/usr/include   -c -o EHapi.o EHapi.c
 gcc -Wall -O2 -DCPL_MULTIPROC_PTHREAD -I../../../port -I/usr/include -c
EHapi.c  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/EHapi.o
In file included from EHapi.c:35:
HDFEOSVersion.h:16:1: pasting ""@(#)## HDFEOS Version: "" and "HDFEOSVERSION1"
does not give a valid preprocessing token
HDFEOSVersion.h:17:1: pasting ""@(#)## Build date: "" and "__DATE__" does not
give a valid preprocessing token
HDFEOSVersion.h:17:1: pasting "__DATE__" and "" @ "" does not give a valid
preprocessing token
HDFEOSVersion.h:17:1: pasting "" @ "" and "__TIME__" does not give a valid
preprocessing token
EHapi.c: In function `EHopen':
EHapi.c:254: warning: implicit declaration of function `sleep'
EHapi.c: In function `ehidinfo':
EHapi.c:592: warning: passing arg 2 of `EHidinfo' from incompatible pointer
type
EHapi.c:592: warning: passing arg 3 of `EHidinfo' from incompatible pointer
type
EHapi.c: In function `EHopen':
EHapi.c:104: warning: 'fid' might be used uninitialized in this function
EHapi.c: In function `EHconvAng':
EHapi.c:767: warning: 'outAngle' might be used uninitialized in this function
EHapi.c: At top level:
cfortHdf.h:283: warning: 'c2fstrv' defined but not used
cfortHdf.h:299: warning: 'f2cstrv' defined but not used
cfortHdf.h:346: warning: 'vkill_trailing' defined but not used
cfortHdf.h:393: warning: 'num_elem' defined but not used
cfortHdf.h:443: warning: '__cfztringv' defined but not used
make: *** [EHapi.o] Error 1

(The lines that start with 'pasting' are the important ones). I'm stuck here,
so that's why I just send this report to the list and leave it to the
pro's :-)

And don't forget the hdf-eos subdir inclusion I reported earlier (-Ihdf-eos
needed somehow for the hdf4 make).
Btw, that message got rejected by the list (waits for approval). Why? I am
(was?) definitely subscribed to this list, I thought...

Well, cheers anyway,