[Gdal-dev] GDAL Lan support

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Sun Jun 27 05:09:19 EDT 2004

On Sat, Jun 26, 2004 at 03:01:24PM +0100, Tim Sutton wrote:
> I am trying to use GDAL to open an erdas .lan dataset. The gdal
> documentation mentions that support that this implemented in file
> landataset.cpp which does not appear in my gdal src dir. When I try to
> open a .lan file I get a grass mapset error. Also, I dont see any
> mention of .lan in ./configure --help
>
> Is opening .lan files with gdal still possible?

Support for LAN format was added to GDAL not long ago, so you should
grab the latest release (or daily snapshot) to get it working. It will
be compiled by default without any configure options and appears in the
output of "gdalinfo --formats" command as "LAN (ro): Erdas .LAN/.GIS".

						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517