[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.1 Released - HDF error

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Tue Jun 29 14:53:27 EDT 2004

Lorenzo,

On Tue, Jun 29, 2004 at 11:32:37AM +0200, Lorenzo Moretti wrote:
> Until GDAL 1.2.0 I have HDF4 support and it works.
> Now I've lost the projection and now I can not translate with gdalwarp
> for importing in grass. In Grass 5.7 there is a module r.in.aster from
> Michael Burton based on this method and it's very easy method for
> importing ASTER files in GRASS 5.7.
>
> What is the solution ?

There is no solution yet, sorry. If you are hardly depend on ASTER data
I'm recommend to stay using 1.2.0 for a some time. I'm working on
enchacing the HDF-EOS driver to be able to import any kind of input
data, but in the current state it can properly deals with the HDF-EOS
Grid datasets only.

						Andrey

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517