[Gdal-dev] ERDAS/IMG driver error for NULL values

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Jun 30 13:21:43 EDT 2004

Hi, Otto,

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 10:35:04AM +0200, Otto Dassau wrote:
> - exporting GRASS Raster file into ERDAS/IMG and reimporting into
> GRASS GIS again all NULL values change to value 32. I tried the same
> with GeoTiff Format and there it works without problems: Null is NULL
> again. So this works for GeoTiff but not for ERDAS/IMG and might be a
> problem of the ERDAS/IMG driver, I guess.

Yes, this is definitely a problem of the HFA driver just because NoData
does not supported for that datasets. But you should provide more
information here: gdalinfo on input and output datasets and results of
gdal_translate command. Does gdal_translate produce wrong files too?

> a)general color table support for images more than 8bit. Colortable is
> broken for 16bit images.

HFA driver supports as much colors as it was used in the file. What do
you exactly mean when saying about broken color tables? (gdalinfo
results on input/output files helps here).

> b)displaying coordinate system infos in gdalinfo would be very nice,
> too.

I see that this issue was further discussed in the GRASS list. Am I
right that it is a r.out.gdal problem and fix is already found?

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517