[Gdal-dev] Can we make a good and fast gdal_merge ?

Rick Niles fniles at mitre.org
Wed Jun 30 19:45:38 EDT 2004

I wrote this gdal_merge quickly and it's been OK for my needs, but it's
slow and only outputs in BMP format with WLD files.  I wanted to put
more work into it, but I haven't had time.  Anyway, I was hoping someone
else would help make a real "gdal_merge" with all the proper options one
would expect and perhaps, better performance.  I was also hoping that
whatever get's produced could be added to the gdal distribution tarball
along side the Python version.

I'm beggin' ya.  Please make my code suck less.

I hope it's not againist the mailing list rules to include a 1668 byte
attachment. :)

    Rick Niles.