[Gdal-dev] Creation of geotiff files with gdalwarp that have a transparent background

Eric Sokolowsky eric.sokolowsky at gsfc.nasa.gov
Mon Mar 1 16:30:36 EST 2004

I have been experimenting with the gdal library, specifically the
gdalwarp tool included with the library.  It is very useful, and I have
been able to transform images to a geographic projection.  Is there is a
way to specify a default background color?  Specifically, I wish to
create a geotiff file where the areas not covered by the original source
file are transparent.  Is this possible, or do I need to start hacking
gdal?  Would this change be generally useful to others?

--
    ____   __     Eric Sokolowsky    (GST)  NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
   / __/__/_/__  Visualization Programmer    Scientific Visualization Studio