[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.0 Beta Release - Error

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 14:29:14 EST 2004

Lorenzo Moretti wrote:
> OK Excuse me for method but I want to understand.
>
> In old gdal 1.1.8 I had the tiff files with number suffix
> filetiff.1
> filetiff.2
> filetiff.3
> filetiff.4
>
> and after I choose the order for my BGR (blue-red-green for quickbird).
> I choose 321 for my output.
>
>  From gdal 1.1.9 the tiff file have a color suffix.
> filetiff.red
> filetiff.green
> filetiff.blue
> filetiff.alpha

Lorenzo,

As a convenience someone changed r.in.gdal to use band names derived
from the apparent photometric interpretation.  I believe the photometric
interpretation improved between GDAL 1.1.8 and 1.1.9 which is why
changing gets the altered names.

> and I must change the name of 2 files.
> I read the QuickBird specification and the bands are blue, green, red.

But what does it say in the TIFF file?  It doesn't really matter what it
says in the quickbird specficiation if they produce confusing TIFF files.
What is the "tiffinfo" report for the files in question?