[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.0 Beta Release - Error

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Mar 3 15:04:10 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 12:42:00PM +0100, Lorenzo Moretti wrote:
> >>I have QUICK BIRD image files:
> >>

> >>Is it possible to fix this error ??
> >
> >If you want to reorder the bands it is possible to do so with some tricky
> >steps.
[...]

All Quickbird I have seen so far had wrong names for the bands
(red/blue reverted). It seems not to be a problem of
GDAL, neither GRASS, but simply wrong Quickbird GeoTIFF files
(so just complain to the data provider).

> OK for this tip but I use Grass and r.in.gdal and this method is not
> applicable for user.  The module r.in.gdal read the band in wrong
> mode.

It's reading what it finds in the data set.

> It's difficult for the user to use gdal_translate for creating 4 tiff
> files before and after to go to Grass and import these tiff files.
> This method must be more simple. Why is it impossible to import bands
> in right sequence?

As explained above. An easy solution is to use "g.rename" in
GRASS and rename the red and blue channel (exchange their names).
Then it works well.

Cheers

 Markus Neteler