[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.0 Solaris build

Andrey Kiselev dron at ak4719.spb.edu
Wed Mar 10 12:32:40 EST 2004

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 01:23:43PM +0100, Fr?d?ric Trastour wrote:
> The problem is that when the first test fails, the result is "cached"
> - in a variable - and the others tests are not done.
>
> Perhaps there is a simple way to disable the caching mecanism used by
> AC_CHECK_LIB ?

There is an attempt to disable caching at the start of the configure.in
script... seems it don't work for you. Autoconf manual contains the
following section, where described, how to disable cahcing. Could you
try whether the using .autom4te.cfg file in the GDAL root directory
helps you? If so I shall add that file to the repository.

Customizing `autom4te'
----------------------

One can customize `autom4te' via `~/.autom4te.cfg' (i.e., as found in
the user home directory), and `./.autom4te.cfg' (i.e., as found in the
directory from which `autom4te' is run).  The order is first reading
`autom4te.cfg', then `~/.autom4te.cfg', then `./.autom4te.cfg', and
finally the command line arguments.

   In these text files, comments are introduced with `#', and empty
lines are ignored.  Customization is performed on a per-language basis,
wrapped in between a `begin-language: "LANGUAGE"', `end-language:
"LANGUAGE"' pair.

   Customizing a language stands for appending options (*note autom4te
Invocation::) to the current definition of the language.  Options, and
more generally arguments, are introduced by `args: ARGUMENTS'.  You may
use the traditional shell syntax to quote the ARGUMENTS.

   As an example, to disable Autoconf caches (`autom4te.cache')
globally, include the following lines in `~/.autom4te.cfg':

## User Preferences.  ##

begin-language: "Autoconf"
args: --no-cache
end-language: "Autoconf"

--
Andrey V. Kiselev
Home phone:  +7 812 5274898  ICQ# 26871517