[Gdal-dev] A build solution for VC7

Roger James roger at beardandsandals.co.uk
Wed Mar 10 12:45:23 EST 2004

Frank,

> Folks,
>
> I'm not too sure what size_t warnings are being referred to.   Could
> someone
> quote an example?

The problem is that at some point the size_t typedef on windows became
an unsigned int. I think it is something to do with 64 bit
compatability. C4267 is definitely a very bad warning to disable. I for
one am very much in the "every warning masks a potential error" camp. I
have mailed you a build log separately.

> I am coming around to feel that it might be wise to include the Visual
> Studio
> projects in future releases since there is obviously quite a bit of
> interest.
> Is there a way of including the list of object files for a visual
studio
> project
> from an extra file?

Not that I am aware of but maybe somebody else knows. I do not think it
would be beyond possibility (but beyond my own knowledge and timetable)
to make a perl script to edit the vcproj files. However, I am happy to
keep the files reasonably up to date and send you updates. My comments
on not wanting responsibility were of the legalistic nature seeing as
the files did not have any disclaimer associated with them. I did not
mean to wash my hands of them completely.

> Of course, I just know people will start using the project files and
then
> start asking me all sorts of annoying questions I can't answer.

That's what the rest of the lurkers on the list are for :-).

Roger