[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.0 Solaris build

Frédéric Trastour support at geoimage.fr
Wed Mar 10 13:22:13 EST 2004

Hello,

> There is an attempt to disable caching at the start of the configure.in
> script... seems it don't work for you. Autoconf manual contains the
> following section, where described, how to disable cahcing. Could you
> try whether the using .autom4te.cfg file in the GDAL root directory
> helps you? If so I shall add that file to the repository.
>
> Customizing `autom4te'
> ----------------------
>
> One can customize `autom4te' via `~/.autom4te.cfg' (i.e., as found in
> the user home directory), and `./.autom4te.cfg' (i.e., as found in the
> directory from which `autom4te' is run).  The order is first reading
> `autom4te.cfg', then `~/.autom4te.cfg', then `./.autom4te.cfg', and
> finally the command line arguments.
>
>    In these text files, comments are introduced with `#', and empty
> lines are ignored.  Customization is performed on a per-language basis,
> wrapped in between a `begin-language: "LANGUAGE"', `end-language:
> "LANGUAGE"' pair.
>
>    Customizing a language stands for appending options (*note autom4te
> Invocation::) to the current definition of the language.  Options, and
> more generally arguments, are introduced by `args: ARGUMENTS'.  You may
> use the traditional shell syntax to quote the ARGUMENTS.
>
>    As an example, to disable Autoconf caches (`autom4te.cache')
> globally, include the following lines in `~/.autom4te.cfg':
>

> ## ------------------ ##
> ## User Preferences.  ##
> ## ------------------ ##
>
> begin-language: "Autoconf"
> args: --no-cache
> end-language: "Autoconf"

I will try this... but i have to get autoconf and built it ( my version is outdated ) and also m4 and perl and...

Perhaps there is a solution directly from configure.in :

    the caching mecanism for "symbol in library" is based on shell variable.
    Perhaps it is possible to reset the concerned 'cache' variable ( ac_cv_lib_proj_pj_init ) to the
    unknown value when the symbol is not found, in the else part of the AC_CHECK_LIB :

    I mean something like :

            AC_CHECK_LIB(proj,pj_init,PROJ_STATIC=yes,PROJ_STATIC=no;ac_cv_lib_proj_pj_init=unset,)

    I don't i it possible to put several instructions in the AC_CHECK_LIB macro.
    I will try if I get a working autoconf.

Thanks for your effort,

Frédéric.