[Gdal-dev] optimum overview settings?

Xiaodong Zhang zhang at aero.und.edu
Fri Mar 12 16:27:15 EST 2004

Hi Frank,

Hope you don't mind my jumping into this discussion. Just want to double check
with you. I run overview at 2 4 8 16 for all the images using crontab. I noticed
the crontab did not run for a period of time and I don't know which images have
or not have overview. So I just run the overview again to all the images with
the same overview scheme 2 4 8 16. Will this create a duplicate overview of 2 4
8 16 2 4 8 16 as suggested by Martin, or as you have indicated it will simply
replace the existing matching overview layer.

Thanks
Xiaodong