[Gdal-dev] OGR dataset default feature style

julien demaria dem at acri-st.fr
Tue Mar 23 06:16:13 EST 2004

Hi,

OGR - Feature Style Specifications :

"There are actually 2 levels at which style information can be found:

At the dataset level:
  - A dataset can have a default style that applies to all features.
  - It can also have a table of pre-defined styles that can then be referred to
    by the layers or by the individual features.
    The mechanism for that is defined further down in this document.
..."

Is dataset default style implemented in OGR ?

I understand in specifications that this informations are stored in the "Styles Table Format" which is stored in an external .ofs file for formats that don't support styles table. I want use "ESRI Shapefile" driver, are .ofs file implemented for it ?

Does the dataset default style mechanism allow "styles union" ? For example if we define a global color at the dataset level : PEN(c:#ff0000), can we suppose that a local feature with only width : PEN(w:5) inherit from global color ? ( ===> PEN(c:#ff0000,w:5) )

Thanks in advance,

Julien