[Gdal-dev] Creating compressed overviews

Daniel B äck daniel112 at home.se
Tue Mar 30 03:51:59 EST 2004

Hi!

Is it possible to generate compressed overviews for tiff files? I tried to generate overviews for with gdaladdo but the overviews aren't compressed. I tried to change the compress param in the call to TIFF_WriteOverview in GTIFFBuildOverviews from COMPRESSION_NONE to COMPRESSION_PACKBITS but then i get an error stating that inplace updates of compressed tiff isn't supported. Is there any way around this or did i make anything wrong?

Thanks in advance,
    Daniel