[Gdal-dev] gdalwarp GDAL_DATA environment variable

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 31 14:34:56 EST 2004

Colin Gowens wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> I am trying to use gdalwarp with windows xp.  My command is: gdalwarp
> -t_srs EPSG:26967 test.tif warp.tif
> The error message is
>
>                  Unable to open EPSG support file gcs.csv
>                  Try setting the GDAL_DATA environment variable to point
> to the
>                  directory containing EPSG csv files.
>                  ERROR 1: translating source or target SRS failed
>           EPSG 26967
>
> Based on previous posts, I edited setfw.bat as follows but the same
> error is posted. If I give the full call for t_srs (e.g., "+proj=tmerc
> ..."), then everything seems to work ok.
>
> On another note, the -n flag in gdal_merge.py gives error that is unable
> to find numeric but gdalnumeric.py is in the pymod directory.

Colin,

I am afraid I have been unable to reproduce any of these problems.  I
download OpenEV_FW 1.6.3, and working from a stripped down environment was
able to expand EPSG:26967 (I used "testepsg EPSG:26967"), and to use
gdal_merge.py with the -n flag.

Is it possible you have other stuff setting the PYTHONPATH environment
variable, GDAL_DATA or other related environment variables?  What does your
"set" output look like after running setfw.bat?

Sometimes it seems so hard to get a clean binary distribution for windows
that works for everyone!