[Gdal-dev] A build solution for VC7, gdal_vc7.zip, URL?

Chapman, Martin MChapman at sanz.com
Mon May 3 22:51:31 EDT 2004

David,

Is there a specific reason you need to compile from a VC7 solution (if I understand correctly)?  You can download the source and make files for windows (gdal119.zip or gdal120.zip) from ftp://ftp.remotesensing.org/gdal/ .  Then you can compile the library from the command line using the VC7 compiler following the easy to use instructions at http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/gdal_building.html  see - windows.   Once the lib files are built in C:\gdal\bin\lib (or wherever you put gdal) you can link to the C:\gdal\bin\lib\gdal_i.lib file from your VC& solution.  Then just include "gdal_priv.h" and you should be good to go.  Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Martin