[Gdal-dev] Problems with loading JPEGs using GDAL

Fam. Pool marisap at telkomsa.net
Sat May 8 04:59:20 EDT 2004

Hi all,

I've been having issues loading JPEG rasters via GDAL - GDAL reports that
the file format is not supported. All other file formats seem to work
though. I'm using the GDAL1.2.0 WIN32 Binaries - downloadable from
www.remotesensing.org/gdal/

Also the readme texts in the binaries' archive seem to be a bit outdated -
not that I'm complaining or anything ;D Personally, I think GDAL is the
greatest thing to happen in the GIS world since Galileo figured out the
Earth isn't the centre of the Universe. I mean think about it - a couple of
years ago there was no way one could read MapInfo vector files without
having to buy their very expensive engine. For countries like mine where the
Dollar to local currency ratio is pretty large, GDAL is a godsend.

Thanks Frank.

Regards,
Louis