[Gdal-dev] FW: Arcview geodatabase format suuport

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 26 11:40:14 EDT 2004

Tyler Mitchell wrote:
> Anyone looked at the geodatabase format with OGR support in mind?

Tyler,

I have briefly examined it.  Apparently the geometry data is in the same
format as the geometry fragments in shapefiles.  I don't think it would be
too hard to implement limited read support in OGR.  Perhaps one weeks work or
so.  A good job in perhaps two.

Still, that is alot to do without any specific funding for the effort.