[Gdal-dev] Re: MinGW & GDAL: "[Linker error] undefined reference..."

Mario Beauchamp starged at videotron.ca
Thu May 27 23:04:49 EDT 2004

Hi Jochen,

On Mon, 26 Jul 2004 23:26:51 +0200, "J.Krueger" <kruegerj at gmx.de> wrote:

>In the compiler options (linker command line) I added the path to the
>library as shown in your example ("-Lc:/dev-cpp/gdal/lib -lgdal_i"), and
>suddenly it worked. The only problem I see with that method is that I
>suddenly seem to need about 20 additional dlls to run my program (I
>found them all in the OpenEV path, tho). Any way to solve that?

You probably have Frank's OpenEV version and the gdal lib is built with some extra features which I
don't really know about. But why are you linking with gdal_i?
If you installed OpenEV in c:\openev_fw for example, you could use "-Lc:/openev_fw/bin -lgdal12" and
it should work (ie, ld will link with gdal12.dll). Maybe it will also solve the problem you mention
in your later post.

>> May I ask what you're trying to do? I see you open a "panDataset": is it for a fusion with an RGB
>> dataset?
>
>Jupp, I'm trying to fix (and somewhat improve) an old fusion tool I
>often use at work. It only reads single-layer .lan files, so you have to
>seperate the multispectral layers first and export them to the old ERDAS
>format - which is annoying and time consuming (and that's where GDAL
>comes in handy). At the same time I'm trying to make it more
>user-friendly, adding a GUI and porting it to Win32 (while keeping it
>platform independent). Basically I need to rewrite the tool from scratch
>(but for the main algorithm).

I tried that fusion thing myself and made it as an OpenEV tool. Maybe you saw my posts about that a
few weeks ago...

It's there if you want to have a look: http://pages.infinit.net/starged/openev/fusion.py

Good luck!
--