[Gdal-dev] No python support for x86_64 with kakadu?

Alessandro Amici alexamici at fastwebnet.it
Tue Nov 2 14:14:57 EST 2004

Chris,

On Tuesday 02 November 2004 00:50, Chris Hodgson wrote:
> Alessandro Amici wrote:
> >ok. you have the static library. better than nothing :-)
> >if you can do without the gdal shared library you may configure
> >--without-ld-shared in order to have a clean build and install.
>
> I think I need the shared library in order to build python. That's the
> catch here.

d'oh!

> args.o is compiled like this, as are all the files that get copied over
> to the gdal src tree:
>
> g++  -I../../coresys/common -I../args -I../image -I../compressed_io
> -I../support -O -fPIC
>     -Wall -Wno-uninitialized -Wno-deprecated  -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE
>     -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64  -c ../args/args.cpp -o args.o

> Does that give you any clues?

no :-(. sadly i see absolutely nothing unusual.

> Kakadu doesn't use autoconf, or libtool,
> in fact I just get to pick between a bunch of makefiles and edit one of
> them to suit. I've already editted it to remove support for MMX (it's
> written in assembler which apparently is not 64-bit compatible) and to
> add the -fPIC option.
>
> Let me know if you've got any more ideas or if I can give you any more
> info to help.

[i hate remote-debugging! ;-)]

i have only one more possible idea. what is the linking command that builds
the kadaku shared library? (or even better, you can send me the whole build
output for the kakadu library. off-list!).

i don't see how args.o and friends can be successfully linked into libkdu.so
but not into libgdal.so (BTW. it is, right?).

cheers,
alessandro