[Gdal-dev] MrSID

Martin Daly Martin.Daly at cadcorp.com
Thu Nov 4 05:41:35 EST 2004

Frank,

> I would agree that we should have support for sdw files.
> Does the world file override the internal georeferencing if
> it is present?  I'm not sure if that is wise though it might
> be.  In the case of GeoTIFF I have taken the approach of only
> consulting the world file if there is no internal
> georeferencing transformation.
>
> We could also just use the normal GDAL world file support.
>
> Andrey ... I leave it in your hands to implement as you see fit.

Our previous MrSID Plug-in acted the same way as GDAL GeoTIFF, until one
of our VARs asked for the (optional) ability to override the .SID
georeferencing with the .SDW.  I think that this was pretty much to get
over bad data, so I'm not sure that it's appropriate for core GDAL.  We
can layer that behaviour on top.

Regards,
Martin