[Gdal-dev] RE: Gdal-dev Digest, Vol 6, Issue 7

Michael P. Gerlek mpg at lizardtech.com
Thu Nov 4 11:55:20 EST 2004

Martin, et al -

> What do you think about changing the line to be:
>    poDS->poImageReader = new MrSIDImageReader( oFileSpec, true );
[...]
> Our previous MrSID Plug-in acted the same way as GDAL GeoTIFF, until one
> of our VARs asked for the (optional) ability to override the .SID
> georeferencing with the .SDW.  I think that this was pretty much to get
> over bad data, so I'm not sure that it's appropriate for core GDAL.  We
> can layer that behaviour on top.

The world file bool does in fact override whatever information is in the
file.  This is largely so users can "move" the image, i.e. update the info
in the file, or to provide positioning if there is none in the file (older
SID data).

I agree that when embedded within GDAL, world file control should probably
be done by GDAL itself and not the MrSID SDK.

-mpg

Michael P. Gerlek
mpg at lizardtech.com
LizardTech, a Celartem company