[Gdal-dev] Re: GDALWarp - NO_DATA Replace?

Jason Hughes jason.hughes at elantech-inc.com
Fri Nov 12 11:37:37 EST 2004

Frank - Basicially I'm redrawing the image pixel by pixel onto a mapsurface.
For example when warping I set the dstnodata = 0.  Then I paint this onto
the map skipping pixels of that value.  As to not get my image pixels
confused with the background before I warp it I create a copy in which I set
every pixel with that value to +1.  I suppose I could also do this with a
4th raster band but sometimes we work with high resolution data over a large
area which would make for an even bigger file and slow my processing time
when rescaling for the different zoom levels.

I was wondering could there be a way to replace my pixel values that match
the background during the warping operation as to not create a third file or
4th raster band.  I create the intermediate file so I do not modfiy the
original image.

Thanks,
Jason Hughes
news:41941D7B.5020308 at pobox.com...