[Gdal-dev] Problem compiling under VS.NET

Thom DeCarlo t.r.decarlo at larc.nasa.gov
Thu Nov 18 10:06:57 EST 2004

Tried that. I've recently "upgraded" from VS6 to VS.NET and this might be
the first time I've tried to recompile gdal using the new compiler.

It looks like I don't have a full installation of the compiler. The old
iostream libraries and headers (iostream.h, fstream.h, strstream.h, etc.)
don't exist anywhere in my computer. The new, ANSI Standard headers (without
the .h extension) are in the Vc7/include directory. But, of course, it's not
as easy as simply removing the ".h" from the #include line. The compiler
then complains about:
   C++ exception handler used, but unwind semantics are not enabled. Specify
/EHsc

Any other ideas?

Thom

--
Thom DeCarlo
If you love sausage or government, you should never