[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.5 Released

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Nov 23 09:40:45 EST 2004

ksa wrote:
> Hi, Frank, hi, Daniel.
>
> Resently I wrote to you about font name in style string for point features.
> There is no ability to get this information.
> I wrote, that I have developed a patch (only for MapInfo files), which helps
> to get that information.
> You answered that you will discuss that.
> But up to the point you do not answered your suggestion...
> I think that many peoples works with MapInfo files through OGR and shold
> like to get full style information for all features.
>
> Respectfully yours, Sergey Karin.

Sergey,

Yes, I still have some (all?) of your changes pending in my local source
tree.  I think I sent you an email asking for some clarification on some
points, and suggested changes to the specification document.  Did you get
that?  I was also hoping for some input from Daniel but it might be easiest
for him to comment once you have proposed changes to the specification document.

Also, I think it would be helpful for you to submit your suggestions via
bugzilla as that gives us a focal point for dicussion of your changes.  I do
think they are worthwhile.