[Gdal-dev] Re: OGR with Geos in Windows?

Rodrigo Aceves roaceves at inaoep.mx
Fri Nov 26 11:23:30 EST 2004

Hi Frank,

I've done as you suggested and it compiled OK, but when it comes to link
there are a lot of warnings and errors. The errors are something like
"function already defined in geos.lib" and at the end it says "library
conflicts, use /NODEFULTLIB:library". The problem is with two libraries. But
when I use de NODEFAULT there are more erros. This time the errors say
"scanf not defined" or something like that.

Let me explain what I did: I created an empty project in VC .NET and added
all the files of GEOS and compiled, it worked after minor changes in the
code. So it produced a geos.lib file.

Then I use your suggestion and added geos.lib to the ADD_LIBS path. And put
the headers diretory inside the ogr directory. I defined HAVE_GEOS and ran
Nmake.

That's when I get all this errors.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

"Frank Warmerdam" <warmerdam at pobox.com> escribió en el mensaje
news:41A4CC12.6010102 at pobox.com...
> Rodrigo Aceves wrote:
> > I'm trying to build OGR (GDAL) in Windows, but I can't figure it out
how.
> > Any ideas?
>
> Rodrigo,
>
> Is your problem with building GDAL/OGR itself or specifically with
including
> geos support?  GDAL/OGR building is covered briefly at:
>
>    http://gdal.org/gdal_building.html
>
> I have never built with GEOS support on windows yet.  To do so I imagine
you
> would need to ensure that HAVE_GEOS is defined (-DHAVE_GEOS=1 in OPTFLAGS
> for instance), and that the directory above the geos include directory is
> in the include path. Then link in the geos library (put it in ADD_LIBS
> variable in nmake.opt).
>
> As far as I know, geos itself doesn't have a vc makefile, so you may have
> a bit of effort at that end.
>
> I really should add it to my FWTools builds for windows at which time I
> would add it more properly as an option in nmake.opt.
>
> Best regards,
>
> --
----
> I set the clouds in motion - turn up   | Frank Warmerdam, warmerdam at pobox.
com