[Gdal-dev] GDAL 1.2.3 - Solaris - ECW

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 6 09:13:30 EDT 2004

Frédéric Trastour wrote:
> Hello,
>
> on solaris, when i specify "--with-ecw=<dir>", the include directory "<dir>/include" is added
> to the CPPFLAGS variable in GDALmake.opt.
>
> The problem is that variable is reaffected in the GNUmakefile of frmts/ecw and the ECW
> headers are not found.
>
> If i change the line (in frmts/ecw/GNUmakefile) :
>
> CPPFLAGS =  $(GDAL_INCLUDE) -DFRMT_ecw
>
> by
>
> CPPFLAGS +=  $(GDAL_INCLUDE) -DFRMT_ecw
>
> the corrects the problem.
>
> Perhaps this should be corrected for the next release...

Frédéric,

I have reviewed all the gdal/frmts/*/GNUmakefile's and altered any that
changed CPPFLAGS similarly to the above to preserve the CPPFLAGS.  I don't
use the += operator though, otherwise it can easiliy occur that the
GDAL_INCLUDE path (generally the path to the various local build tree
directories with GDAL include files) can be overridden by other includes
such as /usr/local/include resulting in picking up the wrong version of
GDAL include files.

Thanks for the feedback.