[Gdal-dev] ECW on Linux

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Oct 6 10:27:42 EDT 2004

Daniel Morissette wrote:
> I just read the post about building GDAL with ECW on Solaris and I was
> wondering if there were any news on the availability of the ECW SDK for
> Linux.

Daniel,

A new ECW SDK 3.0 beta was recently made available, and I verified it did not
include source - only windows binaries.  I don't know when the final 3.0
release with source will occur.  The beta seems to be going on pretty long.
It's too bad they don't provide the source in betas as well so we could give
them feedback on porting issues.