[Gdal-dev] OGRCoordinateTransformation::Transform problem

Patrick Dooley pdooley at pyxisinnovation.com
Thu Oct 7 10:25:33 EDT 2004

Hello,

I am relatively new to GDAL.

I have two issues.  I would first like to set up a geocentric
OGRSpatialReference source as opposed to any specific datum.

I am currently attempting to convert WGS84 lat lon coordinates to UTM
coordinates.  However when the lat lon coordinates falls outside the valid
range of the UTM zone,  I get invalid utm coordinates.  However the
transform() method reports through its error handling that the conversion
was successfull.

I have checked the bug list and did not see anything pertaining to this
issue.

I did think of doing the inverse conversion to see if the resulting lat lon
coordinates match the input, but that is a hack.  I was hoping that there
might be a isValidPoint() method on the OGRSpatialReference object but I
didn't find any.

If anyone can provide any suggestions I would be extremely grateful.

Sincerely,

Patrick Dooley.