[Gdal-dev] VC++ Wrapper

Matthew Hanson mhanson at photon.com
Thu Oct 14 11:35:34 EDT 2004

Hi,

I'm working on a managed wrapper for GDAL to create a .NET assembly.

I just wanted to clarify a few things.  The C++ API (in gdal_priv.h) looks
like it's a C++ wrapper to the underlying C code.  Is this true?  If so, I
think I'd rather interface with the C API then end up having a wrapper
around a wrapper.   Are there any benefits to using the C++ API?

Also, there looks like there's some parts of GDAL (like the warp API) that
are only in C++.  In this case I'd have to use the C++ API.  Are there any
other parts of GDAL that only have a C++ API?

Thanks in advance!

matt