[Gdal-dev] OGR transforms

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 14 15:41:13 EDT 2004

Next set of questions (making progress getting some nice map
displays!).

ESRI Shapefiles are looking good via OGR, and in fact SDTS contours
are displaying too, but I'm getting this currently on USGS
SDTS-format DLG contours:

Opening datasource
/usr/local/share/xastir/maps/World/USA/WA/SDTS/24k/darrington/hypsography/HP01CATD.DDF
Features Processed: 1
ERROR 1: geocentric transformation missing z or ellps
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 1
ERROR 1: geocentric transformation missing z or ellps
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 1
ERROR 1: geocentric transformation missing z or ellps
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 4
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 49
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 433
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 782
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 1082
ERROR 1: failed to load NAD27-83 correction file
Couldn't convert points from WGS84 to map's spatial reference
Features Processed: 434

Am using CVS GDAL/OGR from some months back.  Was there something I
forgot to load?  I'm assuming that the "geocentric transformation
missing" messages are due to those layers not having any sort of
spatial reference.  I'll look into that further (as in: Don't try to
convert my view edges to the map coordinate system if there isn't
one for that layer!).

The ones that worry me more are the "NAD27-83 correction file"
messages.