[Gdal-dev] OGR spatial indexes in Oracle

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Fri Oct 15 08:27:49 EDT 2004

GIRAUD Pierre wrote:
> ----> with ogrinfo :
> aneto:~$ ogrinfo OCI:scott/tiger at aneto/orcl -sql "select a.geometry from
> ref_batiment a" -spat 58750573 13847995 58751000 13900000
> INFO: Open of `OCI:pierre/xbe9a51h at aneto.oco/orcl'
> using driver `OCI' successful.
>
> Layer name: select a.geometry, a.genre from ref_batiment a
> Geometry: Unknown (any)
> Feature Count: 97587

> The time to get the info is obviously not the same.
> What is the way I missed to get it working ?

Pierre,

I have reviewed the OCI driver code, and it seems that the spatial query
information is currently ignored in the case of an SQL query against oracle.
For now you will either have to include the spatial query within your SQL
statement or do spatial queries directly against the table like this:

   ogrinfo OCI:scott/tiger at aneto/orcl ref_batiment -spat 58750573 13847995 58751000 13900000

I would encourage you to submit a Buzgilla bug report on this issue if you would
like it resolved.  I don't have access to a working Oracle instance at this time
so it may be a while before I can resolve the issue.