[Gdal-dev] gdal_merge

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Tue Oct 19 15:39:07 EDT 2004

Dobmeyer, Todd wrote:
> I have finally gotten gdal_merge to work by putting OpenEv_Fw into
> C:\OpenEv_Fw. I cannot seem to find a specific order in which the red,
> green, and blue colors need to be put for the inputs. I am using:
>

> gdal_merge –o outputRGB.tif inputRed.tif inputBlue.tif inputGreen.tif
> –separate
>

> I have tried all 6 combinations to type in Red, Blue, and Green and have
> looked though the gdal_merge.py code and cannot figure out which way the
> three files should be give. I have had my RGB output file look Red,
> Blue, 2 shades of Purple, Teal, and Green. Am I missing a parameter?
> Thanks once again!

Todd,

You should provide them in the order red first, green second, and blue third.
Have you considered that the composite image might really be reddish?  Have
you check that the three bands are individually correct and seem to have
similar intensities?  If you want to make the files available for download
somewhere I can composite them and verify that I think things are working
properly.