[Gdal-dev] HDF4 Driver

Julien Demaria dem at acri-st.fr
Fri Oct 22 10:05:40 EDT 2004

Hi,

I've some questions about the HDF4 support on GDAL (on Win32, Solaris and
Linux) :

- HDF library use libjpeg and libzip I believe : should I compile them
separately, or should/can I use the jpeg and zip library embedded and used
internally by GDAL ? (there aren't conflicts between libjpeg/zip used by
HDFlib and libjpeg/zip used internally by GDAL ?)

- I read on the mailing list some problem with reading HDF4 Aster file
georeferencing and I've just tested with OpenEV_FW_182 with theses files :
ftp://e0dps01u.ecs.nasa.gov/ASTT/AST_L1B.003/2000.03.10/
I can read data, but not the georeferencing.
Are there plans to solve these problems with Aster files ?

Thanks in advance,

Julien