[Gdal-dev] OGRSpatialReference: ERROR 1: geocentric transformation missing z or ellps

Reiner Beck r.beck at m4com.de
Mon Oct 25 09:59:56 EDT 2004

Hello List,

digging further into the reported problem, it appears that the
previously reported error was due to naming conflicts between a method
in the Proj.4 Library and another lib on my system (geotrans). The
function "Set_Geocentric_Parameters(double, double)" is apparently
defined in both libraries. (It seems that the Proj.4 code originates
from the geotrans code.)  And the executable used the wrong version ...

- Is it possible to introduce a name space (at least for C++ users) and
the Proj.4 library/functions?

- In addition to that, there's an issue with the Proj.4 lib creation:
  The README states: "Programmers may use projection library with calls
to pj_init, pj_fwd, pj_inv and pj_transform."
  However, the shared library does not contain those functions. I have
to manually add the objects (geod_inv.lo geod_set.lo geod_for.lo) to the
"libproj_la_LIBADD" parameter ...

Cheers
Reiner

--