[Gdal-dev] OGR: TIGER/Line polygons

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Thu Oct 28 01:20:36 EDT 2004

On Thu, 28 Oct 2004, Frank Warmerdam wrote:

> I'm not sure how you can identify something as a "hole polygon".  For instance,
> it is not possible to create an OGRPolygon with a hole but no outer ring since
> it always treats the first ring as the outer ring.

That gives me some starting points as to where the problem might be.
I'll assume for now that the polygon geometries themselves can't be
the problem, then look downstream from there in the processing.

I'll check whether the processing of that first ring (to make an X11
Region) had a problem, therefore it had no X11 region to make a hole
in with the 2nd and succeeding rings.  That appears to be what it's
complaining about.

Thanks.

--
Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com